WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE HIRING A ROOFING CONTRACTOR
A storm chaser is a contractor who travels to areas that have been affected by storms in order to solicit business for roofing repairs or replacements. These contractors may knock on doors or make cold calls to homeowners, offering their services in the wake of a storm.
While some storm chasers may be legitimate contractors who are looking to help homeowners repair their roofs, others may be less reputable and may use high-pressure sales tactics or make unrealistic promises in order to secure business.
Homeowners should be cautious when dealing with roofing storm chasers, as some may not have the necessary licenses, insurance, or experience to do the work properly. In addition, some storm chasers may not be local and may not be familiar with local building codes or materials that are suitable for the area.
If you are in need of roofing repairs or replacement after a storm, it is generally a good idea to do your research and choose a reputable, local contractor who has a proven track record of quality workmanship. Don’t be rushed into making a decision, and don’t be afraid to ask questions and request references before hiring a contractor.
There are several risks associated with hiring a roofing storm chaser:
- Poor quality workmanship: Some storm chasers may not have the necessary skills or experience to do the work properly, resulting in poor quality repairs or installations.
- Unforeseen problems: Storm chasers may not thoroughly inspect a roof before making repairs, which could lead to unforeseen problems down the road.
- Lack of local knowledge: Storm chasers may not be familiar with local building codes or materials that are suitable for the area, which could result in non-compliant work.
- Lack of accountability: If a storm chaser does shoddy work or fails to complete a job, it can be difficult to hold them accountable, as they may have already moved on to another location.
- No local references: It can be difficult to obtain references or check the reputation of a storm chaser, as they are not based in the area and may not have a local track record.
- High-pressure sales tactics: Some storm chasers may use high-pressure sales tactics to persuade homeowners to sign a contract, and may not provide a clear explanation of the terms or the work to be done.
- Unscrupulous business practices: Some storm chasers may not be trustworthy and may engage in unscrupulous business practices, such as taking deposits and not completing the work or using inferior materials.
It is important to be cautious when dealing with roofing storm chasers and to do your research before hiring a contractor. Choose a reputable, local contractor who has a proven track record of quality workmanship, and don’t be rushed into making a decision.
On the other hand, working with a local family-owned contractor like The Shingle Master offers several benefits:
- We are familiar with local building codes and materials that are suitable for the area, ensuring that your roof will be compliant with all regulations.
- We serve our clients in the neighborhoods and communities we live in, so you can trust us to do quality work and to be accountable for any issues that may arise.
- We offer a free 20-pt Master Inspection for storm-damaged roofs, so you can get a clear assessment of the condition of your roof and any necessary repairs.
- We do not use high-pressure sales tactics and will provide a clear explanation of the terms and work to be done before starting any project.
- We have a proven track record of quality workmanship and are happy to provide references from our satisfied customers in the local area.
- As a local family-owned company, we take pride in our reputation and strive to provide exceptional customer service to our clients. We understand the importance of having a safe and secure roof over your head, and we will work with you to ensure that your roof is in top condition.
- With our years of experience in the industry, we have the knowledge and expertise to handle all types of roofing repairs and replacements, regardless of the size and complexity of the project. We use only the highest-quality materials and employ skilled professionals to ensure that your roof is durable and long-lasting.
- We understand the stress and inconvenience that can come with storm damage, and we are committed to making the repair process as smooth and hassle-free as possible. We will work closely with your insurance company to ensure that your claim is processed quickly and efficiently.
- We offer competitive pricing for our services and provide a detailed estimate before starting any work, so you have a clear understanding of the costs involved.
If you are in need of roofing repairs or replacement after a storm, it is important to be cautious when dealing with roofing storm chasers and to do your research before hiring a contractor. Choose a reputable, local contractor like The Shingle Master who has a proven track record of quality workmanship, and don’t be rushed into making a decision. Contact us today to schedule your free 20-pt Master Inspection and let us help you get your roof back in top condition.