The Surprising Benefits of Filing an Insurance Claim for Storm Damage to Your Roof
If your roof has been damaged by a storm, it is generally a good idea to file an insurance claim to cover the cost of repairs or replacement – though most homeowners we speak with either aren’t sure how to get started with the claims process, what types of damage qualifies or even at times are afraid of increased rates from their provider. In this blog post, our team of roofing experts dig into some of the most common benefits of filing an insurance claim for roofing storm damage. Have questions? We are always happy to use our years of experience to help assist with filing a claim!
Here are a few reasons why filing an insurance claim for storm damage to your roof can be beneficial:
- Save you money: Depending on the extent of the damage, repairing or replacing a damaged roof can be expensive. Filing an insurance claim helps cover these costs and reduce the financial burden you would otherwise be exposed to.
- Protect your home: A damaged roof can leave your home vulnerable to further damage from the elements. Filing an insurance claim helps you get the necessary repairs done quickly, protecting your home from further damage.
- Protect the value of your home: A damaged roof can significantly reduce the value of your home. By filing an insurance claim and repairing the damage, you help protect and maintain the value of your home for years to come.
- Reduce your risk: If you do not file an insurance claim and pay for repairs out of pocket, you may be taking on unnecessary financial risk. If the damage to your roof is more extensive than you realized and additional repairs are needed, you could be facing additional expenses. Filing an insurance claim can help protect you from these unexpected costs.
- Protect your future insurance coverage: If you fail to file an insurance claim for storm damage to your roof and the damage worsens over time, your insurance company may refuse to cover the cost of repairs in the future. Filing a claim when the damage occurs helps ensure that you are protected in the event of future issues.
- Protect your family’s safety: A damaged roof can pose a safety hazard to your family. By filing an insurance claim and repairing the damage, you can help ensure the safety of your home.
How to Get Started With Filing An Insurance Claim For Roofing Storm Damage
Filing an insurance claim for storm damage to your roof can be a smart financial decision that helps protect your home and your financial well-being. The Shingle Master is your local storm restoration expert that can assist you in navigating the complex process of filing an insurance claim and putting your home back together quickly! Ready to get started? Schedule your Free 20-PT Master Inspection today to see if your roof qualifies. No matter if you just getting started, working through an estimate that is too low, or struggling through a claim denial, we work hard to secure the insurance coverage you need after a storm hits!