How to Find the Roofer That’s Best for You
When looking for a local roofer, it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable and experienced contractor. The roofing experts at The Shingle Master put together a list of criteria to help your search and ensure you protect your investment for a lifetime.
Find a Local Roofer You Can Trust: The Insider’s Guide
Reaching out to friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any experience with local roofers and if they would recommend them is a no-brainer when searching for a local roofer. However many homeowners aren’t sure where to turn to start their due diligence. Below are a few steps you can take to find a roofer that’s the best fit for your needs:
- Check for credentials: Look for roofers that have certifications from professional organizations such as the Better Business Bureau, HAAG, and other local contractor associations in your area.
- Research online: Look up local roofers online and check out their websites to see their services and customer reviews.
- Schedule consultations: Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential roofers, schedule consultations with each of them. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions and get a sense of their experience and professionalism.
- Check the insurance: Make sure the roofing contractor is licensed and insured, and verify the insurance coverage is active.
- Past projects: Look at their portfolio of past projects. This should give you an idea of the quality of their work, and whether or not they’ve worked on similar projects before.
- Contract with a contractor: Carefully review the contract, including the start and finish dates, payment schedule, and any warranties or guarantees offered.
By following these steps, you can be sure to find a reputable, experienced local roofer who will do a great job on your roofing project. Interested in seeing how we stack against the competition? Schedule your Free 20-pt Master Inspection today to see for yourself.